Individuals interested in becoming CCR mediators are required to complete the 15-hour Interpersonal Conflict Workshop, the 25-hour Mediation Skills Workshop and 20 hours of observation, through CCR.
During the Interpersonal Conflict and Mediation Skills Workshops, participants will:
- Study personal perceptions of conflict.
- Listen to understand.
- Discover their conflict communication style.
- Use their strengths to relate to others and deal with differences.
- Practice new skills for conflict communication using restorative negotiation skills.
- Discuss theories of mediation styles from directive to transformative.
- Recognize opportunities for empowerment and responsiveness in parties.
- Engage in pertinent skills practices.
- Facilitate the creation of a plan to help parties move forward.
At completion of the above requirements, a CCR staff member will provide each trainee with an individual evaluation to determine the need for additional training and/or observation or the trainee’s readiness to facilitate mediations.